Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pride

I know that it can be bad to have too much pride, but I am so proud of my husband.  A family in our ward that had recently moved into a new house ask Nate if he would build them a built-in entertainment center for their family room. 
This is one of the many coats of stain he put on the door to get it as dark as they wanted.  If you know Nate, you know how meticulous he is about many things that he does.  (woodwork is not exception)  So because of this it took many, many hours, too many to count, but it turned out so beautiful.

This is in the process of intallation,  only part of the trim is on it, and the doors aren't on quite yet.

Here it is done, and all polished and buffed out.   It has been in our garage for a few weeks as he was working on it, I would just go out there and look at it.  Someday it will be my turn to get something like this built in my house.
He search for a while to find the right hinges, so that they would hyper-extend, that way the door would not  get in the way of a remote. ( He is always thinking about the details)
The T.V. opening has doors that have accordian style hinges that also slide back and hide when the are open.  Hopefully its okay that I am proud of him for this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing!

Marilyn said...

Wow Adele-this is fabulous! I saw the pics on FB and I'm so glad you posted them on your blog. He is amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails