One of my students' mom brought me some fresh eggs right before New Years. They have quite a few chickens, and they weren't needing all the eggs at the time. Aren't they the prettiest eggs you have ever seen, and yes they really are a blue green. My picture doesn't do it justice.

I love the symbolizm of eggs and a new start, and perfect timing for the New Year. This year I really feel the urge to have a new start, change some things. Some things were an automatic change, with a specific event that took place a couple weeks ago.
I am not a very outgoing person, I like comfort, and anything that makes me go out of my comfort zone, and stear clear of. I stick to my normal routine and really don't verture out much. To be honest I am not as close to people as I should be, in fear that I will hurt someones feelings or I will get hurt. I don't do, or publisize things that I love, in fear that people will say that I am not good enough to do that. I also do try new things, because it may take more effort then I am willing to give.
I never got to meet my niece Ella, but she truly made such and impact on my life. Something change in me, when she was born and then returned to our Heavenly Father. I want to meet new people, I want to better my relationships, I want to be a much better mom and wife. I want to share the things that I love, even if I am not very good at them. I want to be better. I know that her short life was not ment to change mine, but it did, and I can't wait to someday meet her and tell her thank you. But all I can do now is thank her parents for being such a great example of faith and strength, who have also helped change me.
I have many big plans for this new year, and am excited to start, and to share and to become a better person. It truly is amazing the way the the Lord shapes and molds our lives. I thanks Him for that, and hope to become all that I can, but that will only happen through Him.


3 comments:
Thanks for sharing Adele. Getting to be closer to your family has been one of the tender mercies that has resulted from our loss of sweet Ella!
Love this post!! I saw your link on tiff's blog.. hope you dont mind.. Brandon & I were talking that we need to venture out of our comfort zone a bit too and meet new people.. you guys should come over for dinner or fhe sometime.. if you wanna ;) Super cute blog!
Adele, your post made me cry. I loved this insite into my sweet friend's life. :-) Love you!
Post a Comment