Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In Love

Photobucket

I am not usually a Nightowl, but after this weekend in Utah, I guess some of my pre-marriage habits are coming back. You see, we ( us, and the kids) are usually out by 8:30. Yes you read that right. Sometimes I wonder how old we really are? Anyway, we were in Provo for the 4th, and to visit family, to make time stretch we stay up LATE! Now that we are home, I am having a hard time getting back on my schedule.


I thought that it would be nice to make some muffins for Nate so that he would have something new to try in the morning. So I pulled out a cookbook and got started. I was so excited. It was kind of like being back in high school trying to do something special for a crush, and I was in love. Anyway; I got them all finished, and oh they looked and smelt so good. I decided to tie a bow around the cakestand, and headed of for bed.


I knew right when he woke up this morning, and couldn't wait to hear the clanking of the cake stand to let me know that he had gotten one. Such a feeling of pride came over me, I was able to start his day off sweet!


I guess the little stuff really does count!



Want the recipe?

Here it is.

To Die for Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. oil
1 egg
2/3 c. milk
1 c. blueberries

Preheat ove to 375. Grease or line muffin pans with liners. Combine flour, sugar, salt, & baking powder in large bowl. Add oil, egg and milk and stir until smooth. Mixture should be consistency of cake batter, if not add more milk. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups almost to top.

Crumb Topping:

1/4 c. sugar
3 T. flour
2 T. butter
3/4 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together all topping ngredients with fork, until crumbly. Sprinkle over top of muffins before baking. For large muffins bake for about 20 min. For mini-muffins bake for about 15 min. Makes 8-10 large, or 20-24 mini.

Recipe courtesy of Amber Payne

4 comments:

Susan said...

sounds so yummy I will have to give it a try and yes, its amazing how the simple small things are what counts in a marriage!!!

Unknown said...

You sweet thing! I'll bet he loved that. You are right. The little things definitly count.

daveandlisa said...

Those look so yummy. Good job! Oh! And I was at Aaron and Tami's house yesterday swimming and we tried yelling your name over the wall to see if you were home, but no luck. Either you were gone or I'm just not quite loud enough. :-) Maybe next time.

Adele said...

Oh I must have been at the store. Next time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails